There are two types of zombie writers. The first type of zombie writer is the one who watches a few episodes of The Walking Dead and g...
1. What was the most challenging part of writing "The Secret of the Mantras"? It took me thirty years to write this book, the...
Writers love books. We love to make them, we love to read them, we love to talk about them. Few things give us more pleasure than intr...
What was the most difficult challenge you faced when writing your book? Getting started. So many ideas emerge, each with a myriad of p...
WELCOME! You've arrived at the "IGNITE" BLAST Hop & Tour... I'm excited to be part of the launch celebration ...
- December (11)
- November (28)
- October (31)
- September (12)
- August (12)
- July (31)
- June (13)
- May (9)
- April (6)
- March (8)
- February (10)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (25)
- October (25)
- September (30)
- August (34)
- July (35)
- Things to Talk About Before You Get Married
- Diamond Candle Giveaway
- What to do with old books
- Wonderful Children's Books
- Book Review: Water Witch
- Cheap Reads in Maryland
- Book Review: Pig in the Pantry
- New-to-us books
- Book Review: Between Boyfriends
- Guest Posts
- With wings
- Book Review: Sundered
- Book Review: Meet the Skeptic
- Dealing With Negative Reviews
- Book Reviews: Surfing for God
- Speaking of Jesus
- Book Reviews: The Way of the Christian Samurai
- The Book Thing
- Writer's tools
- Resources: The Absolute Write Water Cooler
- Book Reviews: Yassa
- Book Review: A Little Book of Mormon
- No, David
- How to Make Money With Textbroker
- Markets For Freelance Writers
- Book Review: The Masculine Mandate
- Why are some books boring?
- How to Advertise an EBook to My Blog
- Book Reviews: Kindle Short Stories Shout Outs
- Book Review: The Truth About Grace
- Book Review: What Can Simon Be?
- 3 Ways to Promote Your eBook (for FREE)
- Cozy Mysteries
- Book Review: No Greater Love
- Resources for Kindle Writers
- A writer's heart
- Book Review: Confronting the Spirit of Jezebel
- 4 Days to a Forever Marriage Giveaway
- Book Review: The Henry Morris Study Bible
- Looking for an agent?
- Coupons for Bloggers
- May (22)
- April (26)
- March (11)
- January (1)
Friday, June 22, 2012
10:36 AM | Posted by Beth | | Edit Post
If you appreciated The Secrets Men Keep or Every Man's Battle, Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle runs along those same lines. What is it that causes men - even and especially Christian men - to search for and become addicted to pornography?
From chapter 1: Spurgeon's message was clear to my mind. A broken life - a life that's falling apart - and a life of intimacy with Christ were incompatible. So I set out to read my Bible until it was dog-eared and falling apart with the hidden hope that my very broken life would hold together. But then I lost my feathers and discovered that I could do longer fly.
Surfing for God talks about the author's own struggles with pornography and especially dealing with the early years of his marriage. For men who are afraid or ashamed of their sexuality and aren't sure how to deal with it, this book offers non-judgmental hope and encouragement that there is a way to move past it. There is a way to be free. There is a way to become whole again.
This book is for men who want to learn about what makes pornography so addictive and how to break free. Unlike Secrets Men Keep, this book really isn't for women and offers little advice for wives, girlfriends, or friends dealing with someone's pornography addition.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookSneeze.com.